[PD] Open midi files in PD Vanilla?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 18:05:49 CEST 2012

filippo and list,

this is probably best answered by Peter Brinkmann, but as i remember the
issue with not accepting third party libraries in vanilla is specifically
one of licensing for the iOS App Store, not of compatibility. i don't think
Android's store should care about such things. to get around the
restriction you need to have a differently licensed version of the external
compiled from source, i believe. for example, expr~ (which is in vanilla)
 is now available and will work with iOS AppStore because somebody created
a differently licensed version of it. i believe any MIT or BSD licenses are
acceptable. not sure about the rest.

i'm not certain the workaround (recompiling/relicensing from source) is
valid. maybe others can chime in and us all know?

scott