[PD] Pd Vanilla on Raspberry Pi

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Tue Aug 14 05:14:48 CEST 2012

On 14.8.2012, at 01:47 , Miller Puckette wrote:

> Thanks for the info... some quick ideas:

good to know but that didn't help.

I can't tell what it is but apparently it's a timing or order of execution issue at startup in batch-mode:
Delaying the ; pd dsp 1 message by 200ms helps avoiding the "device busy" error.
Same patch loaded in the gui, no problem.  :-\

According to 'top' the cpu load drops from 75% to about 70% with -nogui for a 4k-window.
Just about enough to avoid glitching.
But any system activity brings the sound to a halt for a short moment.

So that was just an ssh-session and Pd running in batch-mode.

At some point I'll go through this and see what can be done:
http://puredata.info/community/pdwiki/Optimize/

>> BTW, is it possible to quit Pd via the patch?
>> Just in case Pd has such high priority that the system becomes inaccessible.
>>
> Yep: the message is "; pd quit"

ah, of course!

thanks,  Michael.

--