[PD] variable number of outlets/inlets /dynamic patching

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 14 15:15:48 CEST 2012

On 08/11/2012 01:58 PM, Michael Zacherl wrote:
> In Pd-extended it could be easier since there are more possibilities to control the init-phase of a just loaded patch.
> I think it's in iemlib (Iohannes could chime in) but admittedly I forgot about it, since also there was a lot of discussion wether this should go into Vanilla or not,

the secrect is [initbang], which fires when the abstraction is ready
(rather than [loadbang], which fires when all the patch (with all the
abstractions, sub-patches and what not) is ready)).

unfortunately, i haven't found a way to make [initbang] without hacking
Pd itself, so it's not part of any library (e.g. iemlib).

instead, there is a (low-level) "patch" for Pd somewhere in the tracker,
which is applied to Pd-extended (but unfortunately not to Pd-vanilla).

thus: if you want to need [initbang] (which you do if you really need
variable in/outlets in abstractions), you need to either compile Pd
yourself or use Pd-extended (only the core binary, no need for any
externals here)

fgmasdr
IOhannes