[PD] nightly builds going away for now

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:49:32 CEST 2012

Hi Hans

On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 17:13 -0400, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Brooklyn Poly can no longer host the build farm machines there, so the
> main set of machines will be going offline as of today (I just found
> this out today).

Sad to hear that. Many thanks for hosting them for such a long time,
though.

> I'll see if I can find another host for them, but that will likely
> take a good long while since I'm deep in life with a 1 year old, a
> pregnant wife, and full time work.

Good for you!  You really have dedicated a lot of time for the Pd
community in the past. Thanks a lot for all your work on Pd stuff.

> Even better would be someone taking over the hosting of the main
> server, i.e. the one with the web server and all of the builds.  I can
> post the image of the current server for downloading, or advise on
> setting up a new one from scratch.

I might be able to help out and host a few OpenVZ virtual machines for
the autobuilds. This wouldn't include Windows and OS X machines, though.
Right now, I can't tell when I will have the resources for helping in
this, but I'll keep the list updated. I also have an interest in having
the autobuilds up and running.

Roman