[PD] nightly builds going away for now

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:47:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Tilo Kremer <pd at dadacafe.org> wrote:

> On 08/15/2012 11:13 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >
> > Brooklyn Poly can no longer host the build farm machines there, so the
> > main set of machines will be going offline as of today (I just found
> > this out today).
> >
> > I'll see if I can find another host for them, but that will likely take
> > a good long while since I'm deep in life with a 1 year old, a pregnant
> > wife, and full time work.
> >
> > Even better would be someone taking over the hosting of the main server,
> > i.e. the one with the web server and all of the builds.  I can post the
> > image of the current server for downloading, or advise on setting up a
> > new one from scratch.
> >
> > .hc
>
> For the time that I am working at the Hamburg University of Fine
> Arts, I will continue to run the 64bit debian build boxes.
>
> I have too few powerpc boxes left to be able to offer more in this
> respect.
>
> A set of instructions for setting up the build boxes would
> nevertheless be very helpful.
>
> Thank you for all your effort,
>
> best wishes,
>
> Tee

I've updated the builder matrix for clarity.
http://puredata.info/docs/developer/PdLab Please correct if any mistakes.
Right now the greatest need is to re-establish the autobuild master as the
slaves are virtually useless without a master. I guess it would be a relief
for Hans if we could do this mostly by ourselves.
Now, I see that the Jenkins master is up, it says it's running on
macosx105-i386.pdlab.puredata.info but it's not the ip that belongs to the
macosx105-i386 slave according to the wiki.
Anyway, this could be the time to take the step and move the autobuild
process to Jenkins. But it would take some to get everything build there
reliably, I guess. Opinions?

András