[PD] Textual pd primer

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 10:41:01 CEST 2012

Hey Andy

Pure data text files are not human readable, this is a simple fact of their existence, while you can tell what an object is and where it is on the canvas (although subpatches make even this difficult), the objects and inlets/outlets for wires are numeric, and you have to add anything new at the end of the file to avoid them pointing to the wrong place.

I have come across this library for ruby https://github.com/nagachika/ruby-puredata/, which will remember objects by name and hopefully would be usable to make some pure data work in text. Although I've never gotten into it, so I don't know if it will be of any use.

https://github.com/nagachika/ruby-puredata/

Andrew