[PD] Multiple Pd patchers on one computer?

Björn Eriksson miulew at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 18:12:49 CEST 2012

Hello,
earlier today a thought just popped up... and maybe it´s already done, and
maybe it´s not even something that relates to Pd mainly.

My idea is this:
One computer, several keyboards and mouses connected to this same one
computer, shares a Pd window, patching together.
Could be something that could be interesting to do as live
performance/collaboration... maybe.
Just wanted to share this idea - and see if it´s already been done
something like this..

Guess the technical side of it is more to get several keyboards/mouses to
run in parallell with unique "id"s. Probably there exists a really easy
solution to this.

I am not directly planning to do this, but I am curious anyway, if someone
can elaborate on this idea then I am happy to listen..!?
(I know there are some web-interfaced Pd projects (Purée Data?) but this
idea is more simple, just to use one computer with several users/patchers.)

All the best,
Björn Eriksson