[PD] Stream of caracters to list of words

Bryan Jurish moocow.bovine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 10:57:15 CEST 2012

moin Fernando,  moin list,

[... apologies for double-post; forgot to update my client address at
work... shame on me! ]

sounds like [rattstok] might do what you want.  it's part of [ratts],
whose sources live at:

 http://www.ling.uni-potsdam.de/~moocow/projects/pd/ratts-0.08.tar.gz

otherwise, you can write a simple regex tokenizer e.g. in python and
wrap that in using [py]/[pyext].  a trickier option would be to use a
"smarter" tokenizer for your particular target language(s); see e.g.

 http://nltk.org/api/nltk.tokenize.html

... or you could roll your own tokenizer using finite-state machines and
talk to it live and stream-wise in pd with [gfsm], but that's beyond the
scope of this reply ;-)

marmosets,
	Bryan

On 2012-08-19 00:06, FernandoG wrote:
> Hi PD users :)
>
> I am working with text to sound transformation using binfile objet and have
> a question:
>
> binfile objetc read a file and then output caracter by caracter every bang
> recived, i am planning to use not a stream of ascii number rather than a
> list of them. Then the idea is to use words as control signal for sound
> sinthesis. How can i get variable lists from a stream? wich objetc can help
> my? its needed to split the stream in to words and recognize puctuation or
> space as words limits.
>
> Thanks!

Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
moocow.bovine at gmail.com         -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology