[PD] playing soundcloud files

Patrice Colet colet.patrice at free.fr
Fri Aug 24 04:35:00 CEST 2012

> De: "alessandro contini" <aless.contini at gmail.com>

> Anyway, I don't seem to find a way to make readanysf working on my
> computer
> (OS X)...

 I don't know anything about OSX, so I couldn't help with it. Maybe you should try first to understand what is a shell on OSX and how to use it.
Another solution would be about converting the downloaded soundfile to aiff with a command line tool like ffmpeg.

$ ffmpeg -i soundfile.flv soundfile.aif

then you can open it with [soundfiler]

> What do you mean with "an executable of wget"?

wget is a command line tool for downloading files, also there is something I didn't think about, you have to download first the html page,
and extract the link of the flv file with sed or awk, or python, or tcl, or manually, choose your weapons...

I give you an indice, if in the html sources the link is something like "streamUrl":"http://media.soundcloud.com/stream/123456abcdef?

the command line would be:

$ wget -O  soundfile.flv http://media.soundcloud.com/stream/123456abcdef

(sorry I've inverted output and link in precedent mail)

A last thing, be careful to not abuse with those command line tools, I suppose that soundcloud owners wouldn't appreciate if two many files are downloaded like this.