[PD] Pd on a headless Raspberry Pi

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Wed Aug 29 02:31:50 CEST 2012

On 28.8.2012, at 22:53 , Pierre Massat wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> just a quick update : I tried running aplay at start-up (the same way I was running Pd), with the same type of audio data (a simple 44,1KHz wav file recorded from the Pd patch i'm testing the Pi with). It sounds much better than Pd on the analog output.
> So it should be an issue with Pd itself. Perhaps it start to quickly. I dont know...

just a short note:  did you use a sine-sweep file for your test with aplay? Or something similar smooth and simple?
I reckon the built-in PWM-output can handle complex sounds better than simple ones.
I'm having some sort of deja-vu -  didn't we discuss that some weeks ago?  ;-)

BTW,  nicorette?? :-)

--
feed your perception: http://blauwurf.at
http://soundcloud.com/noiseconformist