No subject

Thu Aug 23 10:31:50 CEST 2012

(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name ".x9c4d3b0.c"
while executing
".x9c4d3b0.c create image 900 776 -image a4304c0PHOTOIMAGE -tags
a4304c0PHOTO
 ("uplevel" body line 283)
 invoked from within
"uplevel #0 $cmds_from_pd"

as far as I can understand, it might be related to nested GOP subpatches.
In fact, the GUI freezes (although data crunching still works).
Then Pd can't be close (although still running properly), and you end up
killing it.

I've got GOP abstractions embedded in a parent GOP abstraction, and I load
the latter into a parent GOP, which in turn is loaded into a subpatch.

I know it sounds clumsy, but modularity like this works nicely for updating
the whole software without changing the main patch.

It worked perfectly fine with pd-ext 0.42.5.

any idea if I'm doing something wrong, or Pd does?

thanks!

--
Marco Donnarumma
New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.

--bcaec5171f1d82f72204d300ed12

Hey,<br><br>I&#39;m keeping trying my patches with the new pd-ext to report=
 back.<br><br>From time to time when launching my Xth Sense patch this erro=
r appears:<br><br>(Tcl) INVALID COMMAND NAME: invalid command name &quot;.x=
9c4d3b0.c&quot;<br>

while executing<br>&quot;.x9c4d3b0.c create image 900 776 -image a4304c0PHO=
TOIMAGE -tags a4304c0PHOTO<br>=A0(&quot;uplevel&quot; body line 283)<br>=A0=
s I can understand, it might be related to nested GOP subpatches.<br>

In fact, the GUI freezes (although data crunching still works).<br>Then Pd =
can&#39;t be close (although still running properly), and you end up killin=
g it.<br><br>I&#39;ve got GOP abstractions embedded in a parent GOP abstrac=
tion, and I load the latter into a parent GOP, which in turn is loaded into=
 a subpatch.<br>

ating the whole software without changing the main patch.<br><br>It worked =
perfectly fine with pd-ext 0.42.5.<br><br>any idea if I&#39;m doing somethi=
ng wrong, or Pd does?<br>

>New Media + Sonic Arts Practitioner, Performer, Teacher, Director.<br>Embo=
died Audio-Visual Interaction Research Team.<br>Department of Computing, Go=
ldsmiths University of London<br>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br>Portfolio: <a href=3D"http://marcodonnarum=
ma.com" target=3D"_blank">http://marcodonnarumma.com</a><br>Research: <a hr=
ef=3D"http://res.marcodonnarumma.com" target=3D"_blank">http://res.marcodon=