[PD] best way of controlling 50 speakers with pd?

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Sep 2 21:56:39 CEST 2012

Okay, then best to stick with one DAC per channel

I was going to suggest a super cheapy hack for the case
where you just want one sound to have multiple possible
speaker sources, which is to use an audio switch based on
4011 bilateral switches, with a single amplifier and
an Arduino to multiplex the channel.

But if you want concurrent sources then its likely
less confusing and more flexible to build a system
where every speaker has its own amplifier and DAC.

I've never built such a system, but just mulling over
the possibilities you might have with new technologies.

cheers,
Andy