[PD] pd unable to connect to JACK server

Dix elxiddicus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:27:56 CEST 2012

Good evening,

I am trying to get pd to work on my eeepc 1000H netbook, which is
running Ubuntu 12.04 and using an HDA Intel sound card. pd keeps giving
me this message when I try to connect to jack:

JACK: unable to connect to JACK server
JACK: server returned status 17

I tried qjackctl: in the gui, I started jack and pressed play. Still pd
was unable to connect to jack. I also tried 1) changing sample rate to
48000, 2) unchecking realtime in jack settings. Finally I got tired of
googling and thus decided to send out this cry for help before going to bed.

looking forward to some answers/questions/ideas,
thanks,
Dix