[PD] finding objects ?

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:24:09 CEST 2012

> On 2012-09-03 00:19, ?????? ???????? wrote:
>> Dear list !
>>
>> Where can I find the most complete PD-objects and commands
>> reference, please ?
>
> right click on the object.
> select help.

for pd-vanilla, right-click anywhere in an empty space, and select help.
for pd-extended, there isn't one. my list (attached) is the most complete
I know, although it's never actual. the pd-floss website also has a list,
but only with part of the objects in this document.

>> And why it is not on the main site - puredata.info ?
>>

> because with help-patches that yre on your computer you do not have to
> be online and you can copy&paste interesting stuff.

or rather more because development of pd-extended externals is a bit
chaotic, some developers don't do proper documentation, there isn't a
system to control the quality (or existence) of documentation, etc...

Jonathan Wilkes has done lots of work with pddp to update the
documentation. Pd-Ext 0.43 has much more ressources, including better help
patches for pd-vanilla. Also the object completion plugin helps to find
objects (pd-ext 0.43).

João