[PD] finding objects ?

Фывапр Олджэвич tofuckof at inbox.ru
Mon Sep 3 12:16:57 CEST 2012

Thankyou for your list !

\\ I know, although it's never actual.

- Why ? I mean that if I don't know all the objects by memory, and I need some function to be done - I need easy search by categorys and so on - with descriptions...  it is much easear, than asking List every time... and also helps to learn other objects faster.

\\Also the object completion plugin helps to find
objects (pd-ext 0.43).

- what is it ? is it complemented with Extended 0.43 ? or should it be loaded apart ? and does it work for Windows ?

cheers !

serg

Mon, 03 Sep 2012 11:24:09 +0200 от João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com>:

>> On 2012-09-03 00:19, ?????? ???????? wrote:
>
>> Dear list !
>

>> Where can I find the most complete PD-objects and commands
>
>> reference, please ?
>

> right click on the object.
>
> select help.

for pd-vanilla, right-click anywhere in an empty space, and select help.

for pd-extended, there isn't one. my list (attached) is the most complete

I know, although it's never actual. the pd-floss website also has a list,

but only with part of the objects in this document.

>> And why it is not on the main site - puredata.info ?
>

> because with help-patches that yre on your computer you do not have to
>
> be online and you can copy&paste interesting stuff.

or rather more because development of pd-extended externals is a bit

chaotic, some developers don't do proper documentation, there isn't a

system to control the quality (or existence) of documentation, etc...

Jonathan Wilkes has done lots of work with pddp to update the

documentation. Pd-Ext 0.43 has much more ressources, including better help

patches for pd-vanilla. Also the object completion plugin helps to find

objects (pd-ext 0.43).

João