[PD] finding objects ?

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:55:17 CEST 2012

On 03/09/12 18:11, Фывапр Олджэвич wrote:

> yes, I know about help patches, but as Processing and arduino has a list of
> all available commands and operators on a web-site (and it is douwnloadable)
> - it is easear to find objects and commands, which you don't know, but need.

everything built-in is listed with the right-click on the background, that is
all that is available without installing extra stuff

everything you have installed should have help files, if the person who made
them made help files and the package you used installed them

if for example you use debian packages then help files are installed and the
help browser will show you what you have, and you can look up what packages are
available easily in the usual debian manner ... but that is just the ones
somebody has done the work to package, it is a useful subset of what is available

there cannot be a full list of everything anyone has ever made ... there cannot
be a complete list of libraries available in any language

there are some efforts to try and make long lists of what is out there, these
have been mentioned ... they can never be complete though they can be very useful

the number objects available 'out there' grows every day, some are useful, some
may not be, this mailing list is a fairly good guide to some of that stuff

Simon