[PD] GEM question: reading from big videos

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Sep 7 13:30:17 CEST 2012

Hi João,

actually those patches won't help you so much, as it aims at very short samples/videos up to about 8 seconds, depending how much memory your graphics card has. But they may give you an idea how to proceed. It's definitely not a good Idea trying to load a long HD movie in a [gemframebuffer] it might even crash gem if the memory on the card is not sufficient.
but try if h.264 (compression) in pix_film runs smoothly enough (that may also depend on the OS you are on).
If anyone disagrees with above please chime in.

Max