[PD] patching readanysf~

Jack jack at rybn.org
Tue Sep 11 14:07:20 CEST 2012

Le 11/09/2012 10:48, Nicolas Montgermont a écrit :
> Otherwise if you don't want to add ppa to your Ubuntu, it's pretty
> simple to edit the makefile and recompile it from svn.
> In my case I just needed to change a few lines, replacing
> /usr/local/lib by /usr/lib and changing the linking order to get rid
> of that error:
>
> -PD_LDFLAGS =  -L/usr/local/lib -lpthread  -lgavl -lgmerlin_avdec
> +PD_LDFLAGS =  -L/usr/lib -lgmerlin_avdec -lgavl -lpthread
>

> -       g++  -shared  -o  readanysf~.pd_linux  $(PD_CXXFLAGS)
> $(PD_LDFLAGS) \
> +       g++  -shared  -o  readanysf~.pd_linux  $(PD_CXXFLAGS) \
>         src/readanysf~.cpp \
>         objs/FifoAudioFrames.o \
>         objs/FifoVideoFrames.o \
> -       objs/ReadMedia.o
> +       objs/ReadMedia.o \
> +       $(PD_LDFLAGS)
>
> Best,
>
> Le 11/09/12 09:35, Roman Haefeli a écrit :
>> Hi Jack

>>> Done with :
>>> # apt-get install pd-readanysf
>>>
>>> Now i have readanysf~.pd_linux in :
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~
>>> So all should be fine, but when i try to create [readanysf~], i get in
>>> the pd console :
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~/readanysf~.pd_linux:
>>> /usr/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~/readanysf~.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
>>> bgav_select_track
>>> readanysf~
>>> ... couldn't create
>>>
>>> How can i solve this problem ?
>>>
>>> My configuration :
>>> Ubuntu 12.04 and pd 0.43.2
>> Sorry for the confusion that IOhannes and me may have caused.
>>
>> Fact is that packages in Ubuntu 12.04 are compiled with a gcc version,
>> that seems picky about correct linking order and thus Ubuntu 12.04 ships
>> a pd-readanysf package with a binary, that doesn't link at all against
>> the libraries it is dependent on, because the Makefile doesn't have the
>> linking order correct. Thus the error:
>> undefined symbol: bgav_select_track
>> The fix for this is already applied to the git repository where the
>> Debian packages sources are hosted, but no new package version was
>> released since. Thus it is still broken in Ubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> AFAIK, Debian wheezy does not suffer from this problem.
>>
>> As a temporary work-around for the Ubuntu problem, I put a fixed version
>> into my PPA. You can install it by issuing the following steps in a
>> terminal:
>>
>> $ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:reduzierer/rdz-pd-extra+deps
>> $ sudo aptitude update
>> $ sudo aptitude install pd-readanysf
>>
>> You may confirm that you're running the fixed version by doing:
>>
>> $ aptitude show pd-readanysf | grep ^Version
>> which should show:
>> Version: 0.42-2~ppa0~precise
>>
>> I hope this helped.
>> Roman

Hello,

Thanks every one for your help and explanation.
I tried the method given by Nicolas and it works fine with files from svn.
Here what i do under Ubuntu 12.04 and Pd 0.43.2 to get a [readanysf~]
working nice :

at line 4 in the Makefile :
change :
GAVLPREFIX=/usr/local
by :
GAVLPREFIX=/usr

at line 23 in the Makefile :
change :
PD_LDFLAGS =  -L$(GAVLPREFIX)/lib  -lgavl -lgmerlin_avdec -lpthread
by :
PD_LDFLAGS =  -L$(GAVLPREFIX)/lib  -lgmerlin_avdec -lgavl -lpthread

That's all.
Thanx Nico.
++

Jack