[PD] external returning its own path

Joel Matthys jwmatthys at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 18:56:47 CEST 2012

Hi all. I'm working on a Pd external which encapsulates the audio
language RTcmix, based on Brad Garton's [rtcmix~] Max object. The
language and its audio functions are in a dylib in the external's directory.

My problem is that the external needs to know its own path in order to
correctly find and reference the dylib. Max has nameinpath() and
path_topathname() which help with this. Pd's open_via_path() won't work
here because the path is the unknown.

Does anyone have a suggestion about how to access the external's path
dynamically?

Thanks!
Joel