[PD] another day's raspberry pi experiences

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue Sep 11 20:58:58 CEST 2012

The archives of linux-audio probably have a few gems
of goodness, it has been a perennial discussion for
years.

Hard real time, combined with the proper timer structure
is necessary where you want the device to be sequenced
by incomming events like MIDI, without jittery behaviour.
Raising the userland process to realtime priority
will ensure sustained throughput. I think it does warrent
a more serious consideration of the Broadcom BCM2835
hardware relation to kernel for musical use. No doubt
compromises have been made for Raspbian to be a general
purpose all round distro.

Andy