[PD] ... and the battle with IT begins

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:14:48 CEST 2012

my rant is as follows

when making a request to have pd-extended 0.43.1 installed on the
teaching station i get:

"Mark:

For obvious reasons, we won't install a beta release of software in a
production environment.

The current latest production release will be installed."

which im fine with 042.5 but this is just more annoying than anything else.

am I alone or do others on this list in Universities battle with IT on
a daily basis? i am suspecting im not alone.....

is it the word "BETA" that is so bothersome? what is a "production
environment"? am i not producing something?

--
m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.
megrimm at gmail.com