[PD] another user experience with raspberry pi

m.e.grimm megrimm at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:15:23 CEST 2012

not sure the deal but what i did was:

after installing from apt-get install puredata

$ sudo apt-get autoremove puredata

then i followed your instructions to the T

using the "configure" from 0.43.2

make and make install all seem to work good

but then i just do

pi at raspberrypi ~ $ sudo pd -nogui -rt -listdev
no audio input devices found
no audio output devices found
API number 2

no midi input devices found
no midi output devices found
priority 96 scheduling enabled.
priority 98 scheduling enabled.

no audio input/output

suggestions?

also thanks for the tut. any clue as to what can be wrong with the input?

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 6:08 PM, Cyrille Henry <ch at chnry.net> wrote:
> hello,
>
> Antoine and I did few test on a raspberry pi.
>
> to summarise, we did :
> - use standard  raspbian installation
> - modify /etc/security/limits.conf as sugested by miller (adding : "* -
> rtprio 99" and "* - memlock 1000000000")
> - sudo apt-get update, upgrade and install git tk8.5-dev libasound2-dev
>
> git clone git://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pure-data
> copy the configure file from pd 0.43
> cd src , ./configure, make and sudo make install
>
> adding -rt in pd startup flag
>

> using the integrated HDMI audio out gives 20ms audio buffer minimum to avoid
> click, when cpu is unused.
> with nusmuk-audio analog synth emulation (that use 35% cpu when the
> oscilloscope is removed), 25 ms buffer give no click, few can appear when
> moving windows.
>
> with an old usb soundcard (edirol ua-1A), 10ms audio buffer is enough to
> avoid click even when moving windows. (still using the same example patch)
> (44100 or 48000KHz, block size of 64)
>
> in both case, audio input must be disable, we did not manage to use it
> properly.
>
> details instruction (in french) can be seen on Antoine blog :
> http://antoine.villeret.free.fr/?p=359
>
> cheers
> Cyrille

m.e.grimm | m.f.a | ed.m.