[PD] Super computer made of legos and Raspberry Pi computers

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:24:45 CEST 2012

now my question is;

spending 4k to build a Pi supercomputer can give you more power and
possibilities than with a top of the line MAC for example (which will cost
just as much, and be a quad core 2.7 intel i7, 1.6GHz bus, 16GB Ram).

I'm guessing that CPU wize it would be more powerful indeed; even thought
it's a modest one, that's 64 cores against 4...

what I'm not familiar to is how supercomputing works and optimizes the work
by splitting it into all CPU units. Maybe it does work like getting hard
drives into RAID 0 mode, right? Where the speed of file transfer does
double up.

cheers
Alex