[PD] Compiling External for Linux

johnny zithers johnnyzithers at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:45:02 CEST 2012

Thanks! I got the template and adjusted as directed.
I am trying to make an external for Ubuntu, so I am following the debian
instructions.

I have hit a problem with using cowbuilder, however.
Cowbuilder is installed, but when I run sudo cowbuilder --create I get the
error:

"Package cowdancer is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only
available from another source
E: Package cowdancer has no installation candidate.."

http://askubuntu.com/questions/174378/cowbuilder-create-distribution-lucid-fails

That link recommends editing the /etc/pbuilderrc file, which is the
cowbuilder config file.
However, when I add the following line.. sudo cowbuilder --create just
hangs.

Any help is appreciated ! Thanks