[PD] trying to adapt mu (max-unity) to PD - why does it fail?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 19:17:56 CEST 2012

i had no idea that TCP/UDP based objects sent with different formats.
anyway, changing to netreceive/netsend did the trick! thanks. i have
downloaded the disis network objects, but i'm not sure how to compile these
on a Mac using Xcode. i'll research it for now.

one other thing - analyzing a typical netreceive command for the Cube
rotation i notice i got 50+ messages for just clicking one time only the
'Cube r 0 1 0' sending message (with the metro turned off). i remember the
docs mentioning about the message queue being capped at 100 and being
adjustable. just wanted to confirm if the repeated copies of (in this case)
rotation values for a single click were explained by queue length, or by
using standard netsend and netrecieve instead of the DISIS objects. would
definitely like to limit the amount of times a duplicate value was sent
from Unity if needed.

scott