[PD] [SOLVED] Re: Pd-* 0.43 hanging with watchdog: signaling pd...

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:24:46 CEST 2012

Well sorry for the noise and answering myself (but it seems this pops up
every now and then so might be good to write it up).

Thanks to Roman who gave me in IRC the right pointer to look further
into network issues...

On 25/09/12 23:17, Lorenzo Sutton wrote:
> This seems to be an persisting [1][2][3] problem I had already encountered:
>
> All of a sudden I'm experiencing this again. I haven't changed or
> updated anything that I recall on the system which is debian wheezy.

Well I should have recalled better, :) actually I *had* installed wicd
replacing network-manager, eventually reinstalling it trying to get a
wifi connection to work (another story) and somehow
/etc/network/interfaces was all commented including the loopback part:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

This means you have no localhot, which is what Pd tries to connect to,
thus the hanging and failure.

Uncommenting those lines solved the problem.

Yawn,
Lorenzo.