[PD] creation arg, distinction between 0 and no arg, WAS Re: Splitting Objects

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 21:40:18 CEST 2012

I mentioned using it in object boxes for getting args, which as
far as I can tell in Pd-l2ork works fine.  But keep in mind there
is a crasher bug that can easily manifest itself inside message
boxes:

[bang(

[f 1000]

[until]

[list]x[list append foo]

[$@(

There was already a discussion about this somewhere on the
list; it's a known bug in the Pd-l2ork implementation of the
$@ patch.

If there's a way to make $@ safely take an arbitrary number of
args without crashing (like the list family objects) that would be
ideal, but after inquiring to both matju and Ivica about that it seems
like it's a difficult task.  (I would have inquired on this list but I
didn't know or forgot it was in Pd extended 0.43...)

-Jonathan