[PD] pd-extended 0.42.5 packages for many Ubuntu releases, i386/amd64

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 00:11:16 CEST 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 6:47 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at>wrote:

> [...]
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 1:20 AM, András Murányi <muranyia at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> use
> that is

> I've
> think can
> >>>

> >> I played around with OpenSUSE's OBS but it's not a success yet.
> >> It needs a something.spec file for building RPMs and a something.dsc
> file
> >> for DEBs. Both files serve to define a source package.
> >> For the spec file, I started from one well worked out for Planet CCRMA
> by
> >> Fernando Lopez-Lezcano. It's looking good for the OBS right now except
> that
> >> I'm struggling with the source definition, i.e. it doesn't seem to be
> able
> >> to grab the tar.gz from sourceforge.
> >> For the debian dsc file, I used Paul Brossier's one. The dsc is much
> >> simpler, but it cannot accept source urls, only local files. That's
> where
> >> OBS's so-called "Source Service" comes into the picture, which can
> download
> >> a tar.gz or even checkout an svn repo and tar.gz it for me. I'm
> struggling
> >> with this too, because (1) I'm unable to grab the resulting tar.gz from
> the
> >> dsc (it's created with an odd name that contains a colon) and (2) in the
> >> dsc an MD5 checksum of the tar.gz needs to be present which is unknown
> in
> >> the case of an archive newly created from SVN.
> >> I'll try to grow smarter with OBS, but in the meantime, any advice is
> >> highly appreciated. :)
> >>
> > Update: both source access problems are solved for now.
> > The deb build at the moment is stuck at the point where it doesn't
> > recognize the source package as a valid one. Dunno why.
> > The rpm build got as far as where it would have needed mp3lame - seems
> that
> > it's only available with Planet CCRMA (?). GEM builds fine. I'm playing
> > around with conditionals for requires for different CPU capabilities,
> > because OBS's spec file parser is somewhat limited.
> > More news soon, hopefully.
>
> Deb source packages are too tricky to create manually, use the Debian
> tools.  If you are working from a git repo, like for puredata, the use
> "git-buildpackage -S".   For any repo with the debian/ folder there, you
> can use "debuild -S"
>
> You will need to change the debian/changelog to have your name and email
> in it, so that the signing part works, if opensuse requires signed
> packages.  Launchpad, Debian, and Ubuntu all do.
>
> At the very least, you'll want to do:
>
> sudo apt-get install dpkg-dev devscripts debhelper cdbs
>
> You can also download the source packages from the Debian or Ubuntu
> official packages, but they'll be signed by the original uploaders key.
> That wouldn't work with Launchpad but might with OBS, if it has looser

Cool, I've actually paid less attention to the deb process on OBS knowing
that it's already worked out and up-to-date somewhere else. I'll take a
look at how I can reuse those packages.
OBS doesn't need signed packages, an I haven't tried if it accepts packages
signed by someone else.

> If you want to try my new Pd-extended proper debian support, run:
>
> $ ~/auto-build/pd-extended/scripts/auto-build/pd-extended-source-tarball.sh
> $ mv /tmp/Pd-extended_0.43.1~20120926-source.tar.bz2
> ~/auto-build/pd-extended_0.43.1~20120926.orig.tar.bz2
> $ cd ~/auto-build/pd-extended
> $ debuild -S -uc -us

Hm, I don't have this script yet in ~auto-build/ ... It seems it doesn't
work if I just download it to any place along with its whole folder, but I
cannot run it from the main run-automated-builder script either, because
rsync cannot reach the server.

> (the -uc -us) means ignore the whole signing procedure, including the
> name in the debian/changelog)

> Also, its great that you are taking on the spec file for RPMs!  Once you

get 'puredata' working, then it would be very handy if you could make
> one for the externals/template.  Then it'll be easy to make RPMs for
> most of the libraries in Pd-extended, just like what's in Debian.
>
> I've never made RPMs before, but I've done a lot of other packaging, so
> I'll help where I can.

Well, the deb thing is stuck at this line now:

> dpkg-source: error: unrecognized file for a v1.0 source package:
> Pd-0.42.5-extended.tar.gz

The file is pulled from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pure-data/files/pd-extended/0.42.5/Pd-0.42.5-extended.tar.gz
(It has a packages/linux_make/debian folder but still no good.)
Is there a .tar.gz for pd-extended online which is suitable for deb
packaging and I could link to it? I don't want to reinvent the wheel...
BTW, Is there a Pd-0.42.5-extended-dev.deb (or alike) that I could study or
use for parts?

The rpm is losing it here:

> `test -f
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Pd-0.42.5-extended/externals/unauthorized/mp3live~/../linux/mp3streamin~.libs
> && cat
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Pd-0.42.5-extended/externals/unauthorized/mp3live~/../linux/mp3streamin~.libs`
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmp3lame

As far as I understood lame-devel is not available in Fedora. How do I
proceed?

András