[PD] arraysize WAS apt.puredata.info is back!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Sep 28 00:19:40 CEST 2012

Sounds like a good complication :).  I think a general array toolkit
would be very useful.  I'm not a fan of expanding the use of Tcl syntax
in Pd tho (i.e. commands with subcommands).

Pd syntax is nice and simple with always the first word being the
command and the rest being the args.  [list ...] is the only except to
this that I can think of, and certainly the only exception included in
pd-vanilla.

How about just naming them like [tabsize], [tabfoo], etc since there
already are lots of [tab...] objects.  Or anything to minimize the
confusion between the 'array', 'table', and 'tab*' objects.  Since there
is [table] and [tab*], the menu item Put -> Array could be renamed to
"Put visual table (array)" or something like that, then the word
table/tab would be pretty consistent throughout Pd.

It may seem trivial, but I've spent a lot of time explaining why the
objects for reading arrays all start with 'tab'.

.hc