[PD] arraysize WAS apt.puredata.info is back!

Miller Puckette msp at ucsd.edu
Fri Sep 28 04:27:27 CEST 2012

> > The [table] object could be vastly extended: [table foo] would be equivalent
> > to [tab define foo] and you could say for instance,
> > [tab define foo -struct my-struct -save -range 0 100]
>
> If you're not requiring the user to name the array "z" and requiring
> "z" to have a float field "y" then you would need
>
> [tab define foo -struct my-struct -array z -y y]
>
> where "-y" defines which field to use as the independent variable
> in the table (similar to "-y" in [plot]).

I'm thinking in the above that foo would be an array of items of my-structs,
not a struct with an array such as 'z' inside it.

Another way of invoking tab would allow you to attach a name temporarily
or permanently to an array within a struct (provided via a pointer message).
Then indeed you'd need the field name such as 'z'.

cheers