[PD] array size (was Re: arraysize)

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Fri Sep 28 17:43:32 CEST 2012

On 28/09/12 16:23, Miller Puckette wrote:
> Well, I'm persuadable on this front.  I'm concerned with unduly hogging
> the object namespace - in general, every time I add an object name I
> potentially introduce incompatiblities with someone's abstraction that
> might have the same name.  And there are 50 or so new classes (!) to provide.
> I don't even have a list yet (no pun intended)

Perhaps it would be better to refactor the object / abstraction / binary
old discussion I had with HCS:

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/cm/2010-07-16_pure-data_libraries_conversation.html

Once that is fixed to something less baroque/crufty then it should be
easier for everyone to go nuts and have their own namespaces without
clobbering or hogging anything, and make patches more portable between
Pd variants.

I have no time to work on this for the forseeable future, but it's
something that needs doing sooner rather than later...

> cheers

Thanks,

Claude
--