[PD] arraysize WAS apt.puredata.info is back!

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 05:11:55 CEST 2012

On 29/09/12 00:57, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> So if you think the debian repos are the first place to look, then you would agree

they are the first place I look for a file I am missing, so if someone referred
to [arraysize] I'd check if I have it available by:

$ apt-file search arraysize.pd
pd-arraysize: /usr/lib/pd/extra/arraysize/arraysize.pd_linux
$

then apt-get install pd-arraysize  or apt-cache show pd-arraysize if I wanted to
see a description or dependency info first.

> that arraysize should tell the user they can get the same functionality with
> expr which is already installed with pd-extended, pd-l2ork, and pd vanilla and
> therefore more modular, right?

yes .. that info is useful to include - perhaps in the arraysize help file,
perhaps in the package description, and your expr example in help is the right
one in that context. It is your suggestion that arraysize be deprecated that I
do not like.

Simon