[PD] namespaces in help files [was: Re: [pd] osc processing array to the pd table]

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 1 03:29:29 CEST 2012

>________________________________

I opened up iemlib and iemmatrix in the browser
of Pd-extended 0.43 and it looks like the binaries are in the same
dir as the help patches.  Are there some iem* libs that aren't
like this?

>the last isn't so hard to fix, it's a just a single word to put in startup file,
>but the first is full of helpfiles where many different objects from different libs couldn't be created,
>some even crashes pd (win32 still, 20120720 version).

Did you file a bug report for the crashes?

As for help patches using objects from different libs-- they should
probably add [import] for those objects, or better yet use Vanilla
objects instead.  (But I know that can't be done for everything-- some
help patches use stuff like [grid] for an example patch.)

>Also the main problem isn't really about figuring out what's happening in patches,
>but something that has been often debated in the list, conflictual objects,
>same name but different behaviors, like [counter] for example, is this has been solved after all?
I'm not sure of the current status of this problem or the road map to fixing it.

-Jonathan