[PD] Can't create Gem window

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 11:08:04 CEST 2012

I had a feeling my problems were Windows-related (see previous post) so I'm trying to get this new computer to work with Pd and Ubuntu:

Ubuntu Lucid, ATI Radeon HD7770. The driver is installed, and I just compiled Gem from scratch against Pd-extended-0.42.5.

I get:

error: GEM: Unable to create single buffer window
error: GEM: Error creating const context
error: GEM: A serious error occured creating const Context
error: GEM: Continue at your own risk!
error: GEM: Unable to create double buffer window
error: GEM: Unable to create window
error: [gemwin]: no window made
... you might be able to track this down from the Find menu.
error: GEM: Create window first!

...when I try to create a Gem window.
Looking at a previous post in the archive, setting the environment variable GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT to 1 does not change this. I'm stuck! GL screensavers are working correctly...

perplexed,
Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/