[PD] Can't create Gem window

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 11:51:12 CEST 2012

>On 2012-10-01 11:08, Ed Kelly wrote:

>> ...when I try to create a Gem window. Looking at a previous post in
>> the archive, setting the environment variable GEM_SINGLE_CONTEXT to
>> 1 does not change this. I'm stuck! GL screensavers are working
>> correctly...
>>

>do glxgears work?

Hmmm...
glxgears gives me this:

Error: couldn't get an RGB, Double-buffered visual

I tried to find a way of adjusting this in the graphics card application, but no luck...

Gem wants to create a 24bit buffer, so if you are running your X in
8bit/palette mode it will bail out.

this is what Gem requests:
{
GLX_RED_SIZE>=4,
GLX_GREEN_SIZE>=4,
GLX_BLUE_SIZE>=4,

GLX_DEPTH_SIZE>=16,

GLX_STENCIL_SIZE>=8,

GLX_ACCUM_RED_SIZE>=8,
GLX_ACCUM_GREEN_SIZE>=8,
GLX_ACCUM_BLUE_SIZE>=8,

GLX_DOUBLEBUFFER
}

check the output of glxinfo, whether your config supports such a setting.

fgmasdr
IOhannes