[PD] Concatenating floats

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:24:03 CEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-01 at 00:14 -1000, Rick T wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> I'm trying export time to a file in the format YYYYMMDDhhmmss but it
> doesn't concatenate YYYY MM DD hh mm ss when I use the pack object.
> I can export the data to a file but how do I concatenate everything
> together so it outputs as  YYYYMMDDhhmmss with no spaces in-between?

You probably need to do that in two steps:
1) Make sure, that all numbers have the correct number of digits
2) glue everything together

1)
Use [makefilename %02d] to create a two digit symbol (<- yeah, the
output is a symbol!) with leading zeros from the incoming float.
For the year you need [makefilename %04d] in order to create a
four-digit symbol. You get the idea.

2)
Use [pack s s s s s s] to put everything into a single list message.
Then you get rid of the spaces with a message box like this:
[symbol $1$2$3$4$5$6(

Roman