[PD] Brane-e, a beta release of my Live/Phase Vocoder patch update and bug report

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 20:56:21 CEST 2012

Hi folks,

So... I put out some PhaseVoc patches about 2/3 years ago. One Live (on the
fly) and another version that loaded samples.

Well, on top of that I built many things during my PhD, related to my
research of course. I started calling it the "brane". Since I delievered my
revised PhD text about 3 months ago, I started working on the patches, and
I actually threw a lot away and restarted writing this bastard from scratch!

And it is all just an abstraction made only of Vanilla objects...

What I have here now is as simple as I can get in the "brane" series of
patches. Not much about my research at all. This is much more just an
update to my Phase Vocoder/Sampler patches (both "Live" and "sampler"
version in the same patch). I did a "simple" verision like this way so I
guess it'd be of interest to many others. I'm now incorporating this into
my package of patches in a modular way, putting together with the more
proper stuff about my reasearch. Where I'm getting at is simply; "hold on,
I will get more stuff out pretty soon".

Anyway, enjoy this beta release. The manual/help patch is pretty simple,
but I hope it's clear enough to start jamming. I need to start working on
some video tutorials as well to better show its potential.

I used many GUI tricks, and one allows you to plot the audio input while
you're recording it. But, as I've pointed out recently here on the list,
this is not working on Pd 0.43 (Vanilla or Extended). I also tried my old
patches (which are much simpler, without this trick for instance), and they
also work better on 0.42. I'm making a bug report, and putiting the link to
the files.

You can get both "Brane-e" and the old PhaseVoc patches at:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B3AoiT0xk8fnNFBxWDFNeDZ6Y1E/edit

I hope you guys have some fun with that and let me know what you think
please.

I guess I can esailly put out a stereo version of it. But I'd like to
polish this around a bit more, and start including more nerdy stuff.

Cheers
Alex