[PD] Fractional Delay in PD

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:52:00 CEST 2012

Hello Aaron,

Tried your test patch and here it does not produce the noise you
describe. If delay is set to absolute values larger than 1 it produces
too large signal values leading to clipping and harmonics, but this is
to be expected considering the way the patch is built. I noticed that
resulting coefficients were not consistent because you did not use the
trigger object in the calculation subpatches to organize the order of
operations.

With the trigger objects inserted, the FIR calculator seems to work
well. I've added sliders in the subpatch to visually verify
coefficient values, see attached. Also if you check with white noise
as input signal, you can hear the spectrum is unaltered no matter what
fractional delay. So, very much OK. Thanks for the patch!

By the way I've once made a visualization of fractional delay with
sinc kernel, if you're interested I can try to find it.

Katja