[PD] The HISSTools Impulse Response Toolbox: Convolution for the Masses. Call for port to Pd from Max

Julian Brooks jbeezez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:06:40 CEST 2012

(kinda thinking aloud here)

I guess one of the things that made [ipoke~] work so well (and easy) was
that there was already an ongoing discussion and a readymade group of
interested and able people involved.  Although Katja very much did all the
porting the discussion element was crucial.  So much so that the next 2
releases of [ipoke~] are pretty much done on the Pd side with numerous bug
fixes and tightening (v.4 should be out soon and v.5 forthcoming with 4
point interpolation - the infamous [tabwrite4~] idea).  The interpolation
was nailed down by Matt with some exploratory probing by Chuck and everyone
else.

Anyway, I have no concerns that atm it's just Katja ( with Alex Harker and
P.A.) for most of the coding.  But yeah, the graphics is going to be a
challenge methinks.  Katja, maybe you have some ideas for approaching a Pd
visual whiz?  We can have a think.

I'll email P.A. later today and get the source and we can work out some
kind of timeline for getting on with it if that's ok with you...

Can't wait:)

J.

P.S. - I'm still up for some beta-testing of SliceJockey:)