[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 and Openbox

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Oct 2 16:43:10 CEST 2012

The problem is caused by how Tk and X11 measures window frames: it
measures it including all of the chrome around the window (the
button/title bar on the top, any framing on the bottom, etc.)  The
window framing/chrome varies a lot depending on which window manager,
etc. you are using.

http://wiki.tcl.tk/11502

Pd-extended places windows based on how things measure using a standard
GNOME install, since GNOME is the default on most distros.

So what you need to do is write a plugin that sets custom values for
your window manager.  I think these are the variables you need, but look
in pd/tcl/pdtk_canvas.tcl for more info:

set ::windowframex 5   (play with the numbers to get it right)
set ::windowframey 5

Once you get it working, post it to the puredata.info/downloads page so
others can download it if they're using the same window manager.  There
are lots of other things you can customize too, so you could make a
plugin that makes Pd feel as native as possible.

.hc