[PD] Too many objects (but only in Windows)

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 15:06:27 CEST 2012

Hi list,

I know you main devs have bigger fish to fry right now, but an answer to (some of) my wierdness with Gem (in case you're interested) -- the "unable to save file: too many objects" message, and related errors (files no longer loaded within the patch, Pd seems to lose its bearings/path) only seem to occur on Windows. Something gets corrupted in Pd but I don't know what.

I've not got my new PC opening a Gem window yet (Ubuntu 10.4 - see previous posts), but my old laptop with Ubuntu 9.10 runs the gemnotes patch I'm working on OK - before it overheats :-!

Here's the patch at it's previous working state - open Islands_Score_M1.pd and hit the "START" toggle on the left-hand side of the patch.
I'm using Pd-extended-0.42 so I'll have to see whether later versions of Gem/Pd don't exhibit this behaviour!

It's a mystery - I've tested it on Win7 32 and 64 bit, and the same error occurs. Works fine on OS X 10.6.8 and Ubuntu Linux.

Ed

Gemnotes-0.2: Live music notation for Pure Data, now with dynamics!
http://sharktracks.co.uk/