[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 and Openbox

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 02:08:44 CEST 2012

On 04/10/12 04:07, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Sounds like this should actually be:
>
> set x [ expr max($x % $screenwidth - $::windowframex, 0)]
> set y [ expr max($y % $screenheight - $::windowframey, 0)]
>
> That would ensure that x and y are always>= 0. Does changing that in
> pdtk_canvas.tcl solve your issue?
>
> The tricky part here is that this would then break how Pd strictly sets
> the position of existing patches based on the values on the first line
> of the patch file.

wouldn't that make it difficult to put the window outside the screen
deliberately ... for example to hide the window decorations off-screen?

I have needed to use this a few times (when making the window properly
fullscreen was not possible or appropriate), and it is sometimes a lot easier
than trying to work out how to tell a particular window manager not to put
decorations on a particular window.

Simon