[PD] Pd-extended 0.43 and Openbox

Simon Wise simonzwise at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 10:11:56 CEST 2012

On 04/10/12 15:54, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:
> On 04/10/12 01:08, Simon Wise wrote:
>> wouldn't that make it difficult to put the window outside the screen
>> deliberately ... for example to hide the window decorations off-screen?
>>
>> I have needed to use this a few times (when making the window properly
>> fullscreen was not possible or appropriate), and it is sometimes a lot
>> easier than trying to work out how to tell a particular window manager
>> not to put decorations on a particular window.
>
> 'devilspie' is what I use for generic window-manager-override tweaking, though I
> tested it myself with only xfce4 desktop.

yes, I've generally worked it out locally on any linux machine I set up - and
devilspie and xfce4 have been useful - but when working on a machine that is not
mine to tweak so much, or on OSX in the past, it becomes much simpler to just
set the window geometry so that the decorations are hidden off-screen.

Simon