[PD] getting sample rate of file loaded into an array

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:49:25 CEST 2012

Hi Patrice and Rick

Unfortunately, there are several different types of wav files, also the
header size is not always the same.

IIRC, [ext13/wavinfo] assumes a fixed size of the typical 44 byte header
and probably because of other reasons as well does not recognize many
real-world wav-files. Sometimes it gives totally strange numbers instead
of reporting an error.

[iemlib/soundfile_info] seems to support a much wider range of wav-files
around and also I reported once a bug and it got fixed.

For reasons above I encourage you to use [iemlib/soundfile_info].

Roman