[PD] array size (was Re: arraysize)

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 11:13:34 CEST 2012

>> will do exactly that. Having a patch that "works like this but I don't
>> know why" is a bad thing. I'd be sure to find the tiny DC component a
>> nuisance at some point.
>
>Did you?

Well...thanks for asking.
I feel mildly stupid for suggesting that, but this has caused me to test my hypothesis and the result is enclosed.
When Miller says tiny, I'm sure he means very tiny indeed.
I've made a test patch to demonstrate - highpass filtering on a modulation signal to an [osc~] object. If there was a significant DC offset then the carrier frequency of the [osc~] would be offset slightly as the modulation index is increased. I can confirm that this is not the case...so I really don't think anyone will notice if it is fixed.

It's quite a nice modulation effect actually! I may use it.

Thank you for your time,
Ed