[PD] counting how many times an audio file is looped

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 00:55:14 CEST 2012

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Rick T <ratulloch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes I am using tabread4~
>
> I looked up vline~ in the help but it seems to be missing some info on the
> second and third inlets.  Is there some more information about this object.
> I'm using PD .42.5 extended on ubuntu 10.04 64bit

To be honest, I'm not very good at using vline~ myself (the offset
value always confuses me).  I'm still at work for a little while
longer, so no pd here.

Basically, what it will look like is you feed [vline~] a series of
messages that stands for each reset to 0 and ramp.  Comma-separated
messages inside a single message will be treated like separate
messages.

So, it may make a pretty long message, but the idea I was getting at
here is like the difference between coding a while() loop and a for()
loop.  You can avoid the tricky logic and figure out all the timing up
front, then just let it run.

Chuck