[PD] [text3d] & video subtitling in Pd

J Oliver jaime.oliver2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 01:54:21 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I was working on a subtitling patch for videos, however, I encountered two problems to which I hope there is a solution, as solving them would make it work.

Hard to say if this is a Pd problem or text3d problem or both.

PROBLEM 1: commas cannot be written in [text3d]
Since [text3d] is fed messages, if I write a message like:
"yes I am sure, however"
The message will be come two messages and the comma of course won't be displayed.

PROBLEM 2: spanish accents like á é í ó ú have some troubles in [text3d].
If I write "avión", the accent will be there without a problem and it will display: "avión".
But if I write "avió", the "ó" will not be there entirely and it will only display: "avi".
So what seems to be happening is that the accented vowel needs to be inside a word, but if it is by itself or at the end of a word it will not be displayed at all.

anyone has any idea of some workarounds? (or if i'm missing something evident?)

best,