[PD] Question on getting the amount of values in a table and setting table to zero

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Oct 6 07:33:25 CEST 2012

On 10/04/2012 05:47 PM, Rick T wrote:
> Greetings All
>
> 1) I'm trying to find a way to get the total amount of values in a
> table.  I found arraysize but that doesn't seem to give me the correct
> output
>
> Example:
> If I create a table with "; arrayx 0 .1 .3 .5 .3 .1"

you are not creating a table with this.
what you do is to set the first 5 elements of an existing table,
whatever it's length is.

in order to count the elements you just set you could use [list length].

[0 .1 .3 .5 .3 .1(

[list length]

[6\

[- 1]

[5\ <-- tadaa!

if you want to resize a table, use the "resize" message.
 [resize 19(

 [s arrayx]

> 2) I'm also trying to set all values in array to zero with out having to
> zero each index.

use the "const" message.

[const 0(

[s arrayx]