[PD] messaging PD remotely to open+connect objects?

Scott R. Looney scottrlooney at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 23:10:28 CEST 2012

hey listers, i was wondering if anyone here can easily tell me how to
message PD from another object, or to point me to information along those
lines? we're assuming communication via netsend/netreceive.

i would love to see an example of the following:

1. how to open/instatiate a PD object or abstraction inside a canvas, as if
you were creating an object via the gui
2. how to connect one created object to another purely through messaging

i have tried opening a PD patch as text to decode the text. i can see the
object creation messages pretty well, but the logic underlying the
'connect' messages is a little confusing.

what i'd like to see in PD as this happens is objects being created, placed
on the canvas, and connected to other objects without any user interaction
needed.
 any place to go or threads to check for more info on how to do this?

thanks in advance,

scott