[PD] compiling pluginhost~ on Ubuntu/Mint

Jamie Bullock jamie at jamiebullock.com
Wed Oct 10 12:11:42 CEST 2012

On 10 Oct 2012, at 01:15, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> wrote:

> That fixed it.  I just updated the Makefile to the latest version from
> the template.  It now allows you to include the extra sources without
> having to modify the Makefile.  It also has better support for building
> on Mac OS X >= 10.7, since Xcode 4.x doesn't install the PowerPC tools
> by default.

Great! I've just updated the Makefile so if looks in the include/ directory for headers as before. See svn 16376.

> Also, I noticed that some of the liblo code says it has a CPL license.
> It seems that code is not compatible with the GPL:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Public_License

That was a typo. The version of liblo I took the code from was GPL v2.

> The website of liblo says its under the LGPL, which would be compatible.
> That's something that will need to be clarified before this can be
> uploaded to Debian.

I've now added clarification to handlers_osc.c

> For the BSD-licensed code, the BSD license does have one requirement:
> that you include the original license file.  You can just append it to
> the LICENSE.txt file.

I've now added the necessary BSD inclusion to the affected .c files, it's only four lines.

Generally tidied up all included licensing information so everything is clear and GPL-compatible in svn revision 16375.

> I just committed the debian-izing.  If you want to try it, do this:
>
> sudo apt-get install debhelper devscripts dpkg-dev
> cd /path/to/externals/postlude/pluginhost~
> make dist
> mv pluginhost~-1.0.tar.gz ../pd-pluginhost_1.0.orig.tar.gz
> debuild -uc -us

Great. I don't have a Linux box around right now, but thanks for doing this.

Jamie